TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions govern your use of this website. Although this notice appears lengthy, we believe it is important that you take the time to read the terms and conditions carefully before using and accessing this website.
These terms and conditions may be revised without notice from time to time.
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- You agree that Women@Work may modify, revise and amend the terms and conditions and/or suspend or terminate the website at any time without notice. By continuing to use the website, you are deemed to have agreed to be bound by any modifications and amendments to this terms and conditions.
- Owing to the global nature of the internet infrastructure, the information you provide may be transferred and kept in transit or safe-keeping in other countries, by submitting your information, you consent to these transfers.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us.
- The material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
- You agree to allow Women@Work to communicate with you via various media channels from time to time. Media channels here refer to but not limited to short messaging services, multimedia messaging services, facebook, e-mails, twitter, instant messaging.
- To register, you must provide the information required in the registration form. You are required to create your own unique User ID and Password to allow you to access to your information data. When choosing your own User ID and personal password, you must not use words that are obscene, abusive or likely to cause offence.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the User ID and password, and fully responsible for all activities that occur under your User ID and password whether or not actually or expressly authorized and/or used by you.
- Your account is to be used by a single user only and you will not allow simultaneous access using the same Access Information.
- The website is provided on an "as is" basis. Although every effort has been made to provide accurate information on these pages, neither Women@Work, nor any of its employees make any warranty, expressed or implied, or assume any legal liability (to the extent permitted by law) or responsibility for the suitability, reliability, timeliness, accuracy or completeness of the information posted on the website. Information on the website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Information may be changed or updated without notice. Women@Work may also make improvements and/or changes to the websites at any time without notice.
- You agree to:-
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form; and
- maintain and promptly update such registration data to keep it accurate, current and complete.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if Women@Work suspects that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, Women@Work has the right to suspend or remove your data and remove you from the balloting process.
- The website may not be available to all devices which connect to the Internet. You assume all responsibility regarding the end-user equipment and software necessary to access the website and assume all risk associated therewith.
- The website may not be available to be accessed from all regions, state and countries of the world. Women@Work reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to limit or terminate your ability to access the website from certain regions, state or countries, and you assume all risk associated with the accessibility of the website from any given region or country of the world.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the local, regional and international laws.
- Women@Work reserves the right to limit or prohibit your entry into its website in its sole discretion and shall not be liable for it.
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this terms and conditions.
- You agree to notify Women@Work immediately of any unauthorised use or any other breach of security. Women@Work cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this provision.
- You should not assign and/or release your password to any third party. The password is provided to you for your personal use only.
- You may not allow any other person to:-
- resell, timeshare, sublicense, or otherwise transfer all or any portion of the website to any other party; or
- make commercial use of the website without the express written consent of Women@Work.
- You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your usage, including the content of your communication through the website. Recognizing the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct. Specifically, you agree to comply with all applicable laws regarding on-line communication in the country in which you reside.
- You may not use the website in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website (or the network(s) connected to it) or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the website.
- You may not hack into, make excessive traffic demands, deliver or forward chain letters, "junk mail" or "spam" of any kind, surveys, contests, pyramid schemes or otherwise engage in any other behaviour intended to inhibit other users from using and enjoying the websites which is likely to damage or destroy Women@Work's reputation or disrupt the usage and enjoyment of other users.
- You may not circumvent user authentication or security of any host, network or account (referred to as "cracking" or "hacking") nor interfere with service to any user, host or network (referred to as "denial of service attacks") nor copy any pages or register identical keywords with search engines to mislead other users into thinking that they are reading Women@Work's legitimate web pages (referred to as "page-jacking") or use the website for any other unlawful or objectionable conduct. Users who violate systems or network security may incur criminal or civil liability and Women@Work will at its absolute discretion fully co-operate with investigations of suspected criminal violations, violation of systems or network security under the leadership of law enforcement or relevant authorities;
- You will not post or transmit through the website any defamatory, harmful, obscene, threatening, pornographic, racist, menacing, offensive, crude, sexist, vulgar or otherwise illegal material or material which would violate or infringe in any way upon our rights or those of others (including intellectual property rights, rights of confidentiality, or rights of privacy) or cause distress or inconvenience. Always treat other users with respect.
- You may establish a link or "deep link" to the website from your site, provided that you have obtained Women@Work's prior written consent and that in Women@Work's sole discretion, the context is relevant and the link or its description is not detrimental to Women@Work.
- You will not broadcast, copy, download, reproduce, republish, transmit in any manner whatsoever, any material on the website except as is strictly necessary for your own personal non-commercial home use.
- Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk or any local storage device extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only; AND
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- You will not do anything that affects the operability or security of the website or causes unreasonable inconvenience or offence or disruption to our staff.
- You are required to sign an acknowledgement and acceptance of the terms and conditions if instructed to do so by Women@Work.
4. Termination / Access Restriction
- Without limiting anything herein contained, Women@Work reserves the right to suspend and/or terminate and/or withdraw your registration at any time without notice and for any reason.
- In addition to any termination rights, Women@Work may suspend or terminate your registration without notice and in its sole discretion if:
- Women@Work suspects fraudulent use (Fraudulent use of an account may include but is not limited to: (a) permitting access to your e-mail address and password to third parties, or (b) entering invalid or apparently invalid user information for your registration, or (c) attempting to register under several aliases or with different user information) of the website;
- You materially violate this terms and conditions or any Notice posted from time to time on the website, any applicable law, rule or regulation relating to the usage;
- Any law, regulation, or governmental action renders all or any portion of the website unlawful or impracticable;
- Your use of your password impairs or threatens to impair the integrity or functionality of the network in any manner;
- Women@Work believes that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this terms and conditions.
- You agree that Women@Work shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any suspension and termination of your access to the Website.
5. Proprietary Rights
- All Trade Marks used on the website are the trademarks of Women@Work. You shall not use the Trade Marks, whether design or word marks: (1) as or as part of your own trademarks; (2) in a manner which is likely to cause confusion; (3) to identify products to which they do not relate; (4) to imply endorsement or otherwise of products or services to which they do not relate; or (5) in any manner which does or may cause damage to Women@Work’s reputation or its Trade Marks.
- You acknowledge and agree that the website or any part thereof, whether presented to you by Women@Work, advertisers or any third party are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. All rights are expressly reserved.
- You are only allowed to use the website as set out in these Terms and Conditions and nothing on the websites shall be construed as conferring any licence or other transfer of rights to you of any intellectual property or Women@Work’s proprietary rights.
6. Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability
- Women@Work makes no warranty or guarantee that the website will meet your requirement or that the website will be secure, timely, uninterrupted or error free, or that any data, content, information, software or other material accessible on or through the website and free of viruses or other harmful components. Website usage is at your own risk and you are solely responsible for all damages resulting there from.
- To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Women@Work disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement with respect to the website and transactions performed through the Internet generally. Women@Work makes no representations or warranties as to the quality of the call or any connection to or any transmission over the Internet.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall Women@Work be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, damages for loss of profits (even if Women@Work has been advised of the possibility of such damages or even if such damage is foreseeable), that result from the use of or the inability to use the website, any changes to the website and unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any communication, transmission, material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the website or arising in connection with the fraudulent or unlawful acts of any third party.
- You specifically agree that Women@Work is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights.
- If you are dissatisfied with the website, you agree that your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the website.
- Women@Work will take reasonable measures to maintain the privacy and security of all private information provided by you to the website, but third parties (such as hackers) may breach or attempt to breach Women@Work's security measures or may gain unauthorized access to the database or other equipment containing your information. You agree that Women@Work shall not be liable for damages of any sort, whether arising under contract, tort, or otherwise, with respect to any breach of security of the website or any other company equipment or user information.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Women@Work, its officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders and any third party information providers to the website harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including solicitors’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of this terms and conditions or asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the website.
- The provisions of this paragraph are for the benefit of Women@Work and its officers, directors, employees, agents and shareholders to the website. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
8. Links to Third Party Sites
- The website may contain links to third party websites ("Linked Websites"). These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the Linked Website(s). We have no control over the content and if the Linked Website is not working appropriately.
- Women@Work assumes no responsibility for and does not endorse unless expressly stated, content created or published by third parties that is included in the Linked Websites and the services or which may be linked to and from the Linked Websites.
- Any dealings with third parties (including advertisers) over the Linked Websites or participation in promotions, including the delivery of and the payment for goods and services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings or promotions, are solely between you and the advertiser, merchant or other third party.
- You agree that Women@Work shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such website or resource. The purchase of any product or service from a merchant from a Linked Website is a transaction solely between you and that merchant, and any question or dispute you may have regarding any such product or service should be addressed directly to the responsible merchant. Women@Work has no responsibility or liability for any merchant or your relationship with such merchant.
9. Personal Data and Privacy
- This website and its content is copyright of Women@Work. All rights reserved.
- The Terms and Conditions are severable in that if any provision is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted without affecting the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Women@Work's failure to exercise any particular right or provision of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by Women@Work in writing.
- Your use of this website and the operation of the terms and conditions contained herein shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Any dispute arising out of or in relation to this website, including these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
- Information Sharing - Women@Work will only share the personal information gathered with other companies or individuals outside of the organisation in the following limited circumstances:
- we have your consent;
- we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce applicable Terms of Condition, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Women@Work, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Information Security
- Women@Work take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data.
- We restrict access to personal information to Women@Work’s employees, contractors and third parties who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These entities are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
- Women@Work will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between Women@Work and an individual or organisation.
- You are not permitted to display or use in any manner the Women@Work Marks or any other trademarks and service marks appearing in this website without specific prior written permission from Women@Work.